Friday, October 28, 2016

Blog week 9

The article I am using for this blog is not an article really but a Wikipedia page. I happened to see something on the internet about Jack Kevorkian and I thought it was very interesting. Jack Kevorkian is the guy who advocated physician assisted suicide. Many people did not like the idea of Mr. Kevorkian offering patients suffering terminal illnesses a painless way out. I don't really see a problem with it, I think it should definitely be an option for well, everybody really. The thanatron was his first way of euthanasia, by administering basically a lethal injection. The second which I find very interesting for its simplicity and ease of use, was called the mercitron. This device could be used by the patient themselves. Basically a gas mask hooked up to a bottle of carbon monoxide, you crack the valve, breath until you pass out, then die from lack of oxygen in your sleep. very painless, and humane. This article was very entertaining as well as educational for me, although very grim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian

No comments:

Post a Comment