Saturday, September 10, 2016

overtraining

I don't really have much else going for me other than fitness, recovery, and playing with my dogs, so bear with me. my article was titled, Overtraining can kill you: the 3 stages of overtraining part 1. The author is Andrew Read.  This article caught my eye because I usually train way too hard way too often as a way of keeping out of my head so to speak. This usually leads to injury and severe fatigue so I just thought it would be interesting to read more into it. The article goes into some detail about different stages of stress adaptation and where when used properly can lead to improved performance and also when used incorrectly can be detrimental to performance. In terms of 4 es it goes as follows: emotion- N/A; entertainment- I read this kind of stuff all the time so obviously I find it very interesting, I like the science aspect of it; enlightenment- I do feel like I need to take a look at myself after reading it so I would call that enlightenment; education- absolutely the strongest factor for me. I love learning more about how the body/ mind work. Not much sugar coating/ making this blog look good but uhh... its all good. have a good weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment